Saturday, March 28, 2009

Fun Dive During IDC - Manta Point and Crystal Bay


This video was taken during our IDC fun dive. Finally after 10 days of none stop studying, pool and ocean practice, our Course Director, SF Chong allow us to have a morning to go fun diving and enjoy ourselves.

Before IDC starts, i told chong i have not seen a Manta before and if he can bring us to see a manta. He say no promise but he will try. True enough, he bring us to Manta Point and i was so excited. According to some of my coursemate, Manta Point 99.9% guarantee Manta sighted. When we jump into the water, the water temperature was a bit warm, after 30 min of diving, we still didnt see a single Manta. I was so frustrated, thinking is my luck so bad? I will kill myself if i dont see a single Manta here.

right about 35min into our dive, one of my buddy bang on his tank, signalling us, there, suddenly i see one Manta swimming toward me. about 4 metre, tip-to-tip. I was so happy and i am speachless. I quickly turn my camera into video mode and capture the perfect moment.

Now i am proud to say i have seen a Manta Ray. They are one of the beautiful underwater creature that i love the most.

Thanks Chong ....

No comments: