Friday, May 30, 2008

True Malaysian

I am a chinese educated and thus, naturally my England is not very powderful. So you may find alot of grammatical mistake in my article and I would like to apologize. But being a chinese educated I have my advantages, I can read the chines press and get more interesting news, which you may not be able to get it in the English dailies.

Before this, I dont really understand the meaning of "True Malaysian". Before this, I always thought it can use to describe those malaysian who make the country and it's people proud. For example, the the famous Mr. Astronaut where the government spent billion citizen tax money to send him to the space or the badminton player who won a prestigious competition.

It is, however, now that I realized that the real meaning of "True Malaysian". A real True Malaysian is those people who will scarify themself and their time for the sake of others. A True Malaysian will do what it takes to make sure that their mission is achieved and will not back down from any hindrance.

Look at these pictures taken at the junction of the BMC access road on 30th May, you can see volunteers are busying directing traffic to ensure that there is no accident during the rush hour, some busying directing the tractor to clear off the remaining rock bolder so that car can safely enter the access road. Even the tractor driver also volunteer to help out when he pass through the area.


Bear in mind that these people are not paid to do this. They could have chosen to stay at their house to watch TV or to go to a mamak to have a nice cup of teh tarik. Instead of that, they choose to go help out at the BMC access road. For that I salute to them. You all are the "True Malaysian"

Again, I am disappointed at the police because according the them, during the evening of 27 of May, traffic police were busying directing traffic thus they are unable to do anything. However, where are they today? They are no where to be seen, leaving the traffic problem to the citizens and residents of BMC.

No comments: